Dhamaka Movie Cast: Dhamaka is an Indian action thriller film written and directed by Ram Madhvani. Ram Madhvani and Amrita Madhvani produced the film under the banner of Ram Madhvani films, along with Ronnie Screwvala’s RSVP movies, Lotte Cultureworks, Global Gate Entertainment and Lionsgate Films.
The film is an official remake of “The Terror Live” which was released in 2013, co-written in the adaptation by Puneet Sharma.
Karthik Aaryan played the lead role of a journalist named Arjun Pathak, who receives a threat call from a terrorist who blew up a bridge. Mrunal Thakur and Amruta Subhash are also in the film as prominent roles.
Table of Contents
Dhamaka Movie Cast, Review, Release Date & More
- • Directed by: Ram Madhvani.
- • Written by: Puneet Sharma and Ram Madhvani.
- • Produced by: Ram Madhvani, Amrita Madhvani and Ronnie Screwvala.
- • Based on: The Terror Live by Kim Byung- Woo.
- • Starring: Karthik Aaryan, Mrunal Thakur and Amruta Subhash.
- • Cinematography: Manu Anand.
- • Edited by: Monisha Baldawa and Amit Karia.
- • Music by: Vishal Khurana.
- • Production Companies: RSVP movies, Lotte Cultureworks, Global Gate Entertainment, Lionsgate Films.
- • Distributed by: Netflix
- • Release date: 19th November.
- • Running time: 104 minutes.
- • Language: Hindi (India).
Dhamaka Movie Cast: The lead character, Mr Arjun Pathak who was once a famous news anchor who gets degraded due to a horrible accident.
Recently he gets divorced and currently, he is the jaded and bitter host of a current affairs radio program. One day during his morning show, he receives a phone call threatening to blow up the “Bandra- Worli Sea Link” which is a major bridge just outside of his studio building.
So initially, he takes it as a joke or prank call and tells the terrorist to proceed. But suddenly he comes in shock after watching that the terrorist explores the bridge to collapse and killing innocent people and trapping others.
Then Mr Arjun Pathak realizes that this could be an opportunity to make his comeback as a news reporter that he was once, and he doesn’t call the police purposely. Then he negotiates with his former boss, Anita Malaskar and deals with the terrorist to exclusively Oracle their conversations, in real-time, as the whole nation watches.
The terrorist claims to be Raghubeer Mhata, a contraction worker, who lost his three co-workers in an industrial accident while fixing the bridge, and the victim’s families didn’t get any compensation.
So he demands that Minister has to publicly apologize for the deaths of the workers. Even the terrorist also reveals that he put a bomb in the anchor’s ear and if the ministry doesn’t apologize then the bomb will be exploded in his ear, on air.
So Mr Arjun Pathak promises the caller that he will bring the Minister to his Studio and make him apologise publicly. The Deputy Minister, Subhash Mathur arrives in the studio but refuses to apologise.
When Arjun calls the terrorist and says about then he gets angry and explodes the bomb. Arjun also calls his boss, Ankita to help him to present the Minister in the studio but she refuses.
And Raghubeer Mhata explodes the bridge completely and killed many innocent people. Even Arjun’s ex-wife also dies in the blast. On the other hand, Ankita telecasts on another news that Arjun is also involved in the plan and helps Raghubeer to explode.
After getting the news from another Channel, he gets shocked. And he also gets a twist that Raghubeer was dead and his son is the real villain in the plan. Raghubeer’s son, Anand comes to Arjun and tells him that there is a bomb in the building where they are now.
But suddenly sniper shoots him and kills him. And Arjun call the boss and say that he didn’t do anything about the incident but she tells him that she need to care about the TRP of her channel and told another Channel to telecast that Arjun was also involved in the plan.
So in the end, Arjun loss his ex-wife and his reputation as well. So he kills himself to press the button of the remote and blast the building.
Dhamaka Movie Cast
- • Karthik Aaryan as Arjun Pathak.
- • Mrunal Thakur as Arjun’s ex wife.
- • Amruta Subhash as Ankita.
- • Vikas Kumar as Praveen Kamath.
- • Vishwajeet Pradhan as deputy Minister, Subhash Mathur.
Soundtrack album by Vishal Khurana and Prateek Kuhad.
- • Released: 12 November 2021
- • Recorded: 2021
- • Genre: Feature Film Soundtrack
- • Length: 9:36
- • Language: Hindi
- • Label: Zee Music Company
- • The Times of India gave a rating of 3 out of 5 for the film, Dhamaka. It stated,” May not be explosive enough to change the narrative but makes for an engaging hostage thriller”.
- • Anupama Chopra on the website Film Companion stated, ” Dhamaka is not a bad film but doesn’t match Ram Madhvani’s previous works, “Neerja” and “The Series Aarya”.
- • Nandini Ramnath of Scroll.in said, “The 104 minutes film is packed with nervous energy, convincing Visual effects and serviceable performances from the cast”.
- • Bollywood Hungama gave 3 stars out of 5 stars and wrote,” Edge of the seat thriller that boasts of fine performance, but however criticised the second half”.
Also Read: Tadap Movie Review